Traxodent is a 15% aluminum chloride retraction paste. Once placed in the sulcus, the absorbent paste displaces soft tissue, creating retraction while the aluminum chloride stops bleeding and crevicular seepage. After two minutes the sulcus is rinsed, leaving a clean, dry, and accessible margin.
Traxodent offers you:
- Quick effective retraction: approximately 2 minutes - no fumbling with hemostatic solutions - saves chair time.
- Superior hemostasis: stops bleeding and crevicular seepage while retraction occurs - easily absorbs excess crevicular fluid.
- Increased patient comfort: avoid tearing gingiva - less pressure on sensitive tissue.
- Choice of delivery system: use an ergonomic disposable syringe with bendable syringe tip or the convenient unit dose capsules.
- Maximum freshness: each syringe is packaged in a ready-to-use and resealable foil pouch.
Traxodent is also highly recommended for veneer placement when a dry field is required.
- Do not use on persons with known allergy to aluminum chloride.
- Do not use in patients with significant periodontal disease or furcation involvement.
- Use Traxodent paste in conjunction with retraction cord.
- Bite on cotton instead of caps provided.
- Use a wet cotton pellet to remove any remaining paste that doesn't come off with rinsing.
- “I have used Traxodent with my two-cord system and the results are great.”
- “Easy to use; rinses off completely.”
- “This material seemed to work well following a gingivectomy, where cord could not be placed. I would not recommend it if osseous surgery were performed.”
- “It was difficult to get into sulcus without using retraction cord first. Cotton compression caps did not fit well interproximally, so retraction was often insufficient in spots.”