Kalore

GC America

(Made in Japan.)
Kalore
Watch Product Video(s) Read Product Review(s)
Free Offer
Kalore
Buy 3 products, Get 1 FREE!
Offer ends 9/30/2019.Free goods will be shipped directly from manufacturer.
Redemption coupon will be included with your order.
Free items will be of equal or lesser value to lowest
price purchase refill.

Product Details

Universal light-cured composite utilizes a new monomer technology from DuPont to create a putty-like property that allows the material to spread easily. The prepolymerized fillers eliminate problems associated with composite sticking to the instruments. Luster and polishability are a result of the monomer’s long chain. The low shrinkage stress around the fillers provides better durability and longevity of the restoration.

Available in 2 opacities and multiple shades for precision matching and polychromatic stratification.
Sort by:
Item #
Description
 
Price
Qty
Unitip refills
Unitip trial kit
Syringe refills
Syringe trial kit
Shade guide
280-6599
Shade guide
mfg#: 003571
mfg#: 003571
Special order
40.00
Unit Price: 40.00

Reviews

GC Kalore 3-Year Clinical Performance
Description
GC Kalore is a low-shrinkage, universal nanofilled composite indicated for use in all classes of direct restorations. This composite combines a new monomer from DuPont along with UDMA but contains no Bis-GMA. The product contains High Density Radiopaque (HDR) pre-polymerized fillers. Curing time is 20 seconds with a standard halogen or LED light for most shades.

Clinical Evaluation Protocol
  • 178 GC Kalore restorations were placed and monitored over a three-year period.
  • Recall ratings for 87 restorations were recorded and are included in this report.
  • Of these restorations, 93% were posterior and 7% were anterior.
  • At recall the following categories were assessed on a scale of 1-5 (1=poor, 2=fair, 3=good, 4=very good, 5=excellent).

Clinical Observations:
Resistance to Fracture/Chipping: GC Kalore proved to be very durable during the three-year recall period. Over 98% of the restorations evaluated received >an excellent rating. Of 87 restorations, one had a slight chip that did not require treatment and one fractured, requiring replacement. The fractured filling was a Class II restoration on tooth #20.

Esthetics: 90% of restorations were rated excellent for esthetics at three years. The remaining 10% were rated very good and showed minor discoloration or lack of blending with the tooth. Superior esthetics was obtained when shades >were layered at placement. It blends well and has a high quality of finish and polish at placement; restorations maintained an excellent finish over the three-year period.

Resistance to Marginal Discoloration: The majority of restorations placed were resistant to staining and marginal discoloration. 95% of restorations evaluated received an excellent rating. Four restorations showed slight staining at the margin.

Wear Resistance: Only one restoration was observed to have slight wear at year three. That restoration was a Class I filling on a second molar. The remaining 86 recalled restorations rated very good or excellent for wear resistance.

GC Kalore universal composite had excellent ratings for resistance to chipping/fracture, resistance to marginal discoloration and wear resistance over a three-year period. Shades blended well and excellent esthetics was maintained. This product received a 98% clinical performance rating.

Consultants’ Comments
  • “Body shades can be used alone or layered.”
  • “Great handling characteristics – not sticky at all.”
  • “Good consistency for establishing interproximal contacts.”
  • “Material is radiopaque.”
©"The Dental Advisor" June 2013 www.dentaladvisor.com