Zinc oxide, non-eugenol, translucent temporary cement. Ideal for the temporary cementation of provisionals or permanent restorations for a try-in period. Will not craze or discolor acrylic or polycarbonate crowns. Sets to a hard crystalline consistency.
0' 30" mix time (except automix 4g syringe, which does not require manual mix), 2' 00" working time.
56% of consultants reported that Zone was better than their current temporary cement and 36% reported that it was equivalent. 84% would switch to Zone and 92% would recommend it.
- Maintain a dry field during cementation.
- Use a slight amount of petroleum gel around the restoration so the temporary cement will be easier to remove.
- “Easy to dispense, use and clean up.”
- “I liked the A1 shade for esthetic cases.”
- “The cement shade blended well with the provisional restoration.”
- “Mixing tips are too long - waste too much material.”
- “Setting time could be quicker.”
Safco editors’ note: Zone in the 4g automix syringe is the subject of this Dental Advisor review; it does not include other Zone delivery types, or Zone Free.